Prestige Car Servicing can offer you a variety of service options including a Prestige Full Service. Routine services are an important part of annual vehicle management. It involves a series of detailed checks and filter changes by a trained technician in order to ensure the vehicle is both safe to drive and efficient. Failing to properly service your vehicle could cause it to become unsafe and inefficient. In cases where oil and filters are not changed it can have a devastating effect on the vehicles engine.
All vehicles are issues with a recommended service schedule, these usually last for longer than the vehicles expected life. The scheduled services typically happen either annually, at certain mileages or when sensors on the vehicle detect wear and tear. At Prestige Car Servicing we can offer the right service for your car at the best cost.
At Prestige Car Servicing, we can also look to carry on your cars servicing to the manufacturers’ specified schedule. Typically for most models, these will tend to follow an annual or mileage based interval with the full service and interim service being recommended alternately. With many other makes such as Volkswagen, this can change depending on the age of the vehicle, typically if the model is older than 2008. In these instances the vehicle could be set to ‘Long Life’ intervals, these intervals tend to be twice as long meaning two years or higher mileage based intervals. Whenever we bring your vehicle in for a manufacturer service, we will always check the manufacturers’ recommended schedule and any indicators from your vehicles service lights or on-board computer.
All Prestige full services include the change of oil, an oil filter and an air filter, and if your vehicle fuel type is diesel then a fuel filter is also replaced. Depending on the condition of the cabin/pollen filter, then additionally a change of the cabin/pollen filter may be required. The service also includes a full inspection of the vehicle by a trained technician. This will include removal of the wheels to ensure the brake system is well maintained. A report is then provided with any parts of the vehicle which may need replacing, repairing or investigating further. A full list of checks include:
Brakes and suspension – We check the brake fluid system as the fluid is hygroscopic which means over time it will absorb water/ moisture from the air causing the brakes to become less efficient, the brake fluid is recommended to be replaced every 24 months to ensure the vehicle can brake safely. The suspension arms are checked for damage. We also check the condition of the discs and pads to ensure they are not excessively worn.
Wheels and Tyres – We remove the wheels to check the tyres, cylinders, ball joints and the steering system for any problems.
Engine – A change of oil and various filters along with checks on the spark plugs, battery, gear box, fluid levels and cooling system.
Fuel and Exhaust – We check the emission levels, the exhaust system and the fuel filter.
Exterior – An inspection of the windscreen, wing mirrors and lights is undertaken.
Interior – We check the internal lights, the gauges, the hand brake and the cabin filter.
Final Checks – We check the anti-freeze, air conditioning and perform a road test of the vehicle to ensure it is operating correctly.
Any additional work which is required is always quoted to and authorised by yourself before we proceed.
VEHICLE SERVICE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR [SMR]
Prestige Motor Care Ltd, Prestige Car Servicing Ltd & Prestige Fleet Servicing Ltd [Prestige Motor Care Group or PMCG] – Terms and Conditions
1. PMCG provides service, maintenance and repair [SMR] facilities within the UK on any make of car or light commercial vehicle through our network of independent motor repairers. Each member of this network is also bound by PMCG’s terms and conditions through our Service Level Agreement.
2. When a customer transacts with PMCG he/she is transacting with an ethical and principled company.
3. We aim to meet all the needs of each customer whose vehicle is presented for a service, MOT or repair, and to return the vehicle to the customer in a fully roadworthy condition, compatible with the service and maintenance schedule of the vehicle manufacturer.
4. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN 5-20 BELOW INDICATE THE BASIS ON WHICH PMCG CONTRACTS WITH THE CUSTOMER. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CUSTOMER REGARDING FAULTY OR BADLY DESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY PMCG OR ITS NETWORK REPAIRER IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR SERVICE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR WORK.
5. The placing by a customer of an order by phone, email or website confirms that he/she is at least 18 years old and resides in the UK.
6. A contract will be binding between PMCG and the customer upon the booking of a service, MOT or repair on a vehicle.
7. PMCG will provide details of the cost of work required before undertaking the work. The customer will approve these costs before work is commenced.
8. We aim to complete the work within the day. If we cannot, we will advise the customer immediately and agree actions to resolve. Any courtesy vehicle provided by our repairer will usually require the customer to provide insurance: the provision of such a vehicle will constitute a direct contract between the repairer and the customer.
9. All costs are subject to VAT at the rate ruling at the time costs are incurred.
10. All parts used by our repairer will be of original equipment (OE) standard as required under EU statute. Manufacturer warranty will therefore be unaffected.
11. PMCG work carries a 12 month parts & labour guarantee.
12. Payments not subject to agreed credit terms will be taken over the phone either by debit card or credit card – the car will be released to the customer once cleared funds have been received.
13. The customer has the right to cancel work on his car at any time, provided payment is made for work done up to the time of cancellation.
14. PMCG repairers collect and deliver free of charge within an agreed radius.
15. PMCG is not liable for any unforeseeable financial loss, whether caused by our own or our repairers’ negligence or for any business loss.
16. All PMCG repairers fully comply with Health and Safety legislation.
17. PMCG will indemnify the customer in the event there is a claim for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that work is performed with appropriate skill and care, that any goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
18. PMCG is not responsible for any loss of any item left in the vehicle by the customer.
19. PMCG is not liable for any damage to a vehicle or delay in the services provided if the cause may be defined as “Force Majeure”. Such a cause may include, but may not be limited to an act of God, industrial action or other factors deemed to be out of the control of PMCG.
20. Any complaint concerning work done by a PMCG repairer must be made directly and immediately to PMCG. We are not liable for resolving any complaint made to any third party, including direct to our repairer. PMCG will endeavour to resolve any such complaint within 2 business days of our being made aware of the complaint, by telephone, email, facsimile or letter. We will respond in writing where asked to do so.