Prestige Car Servicing provides a wide range of vehicle servicing, MOT and mechanical repairs via their network of 350 service centres. Prestige Car Servicing are pleased to offer a new DPF cleaning solution for customers with Diesel Particulate Filters Installed. For information on what a DPF filter is and if yours needs cleaning, read on…
If you require a DPF cleaning service, available across our network, please call us on 0844 800 98 24 or use the ‘Contact Us‘ page to send us an email.
Diesel particulate filters (DPF) are installed on many new diesel vehicles built within the last 5 years. If you are not sure if you have one, check your vehicles manual or original documentation. The purpose of the filter is to remove particles from the emissions of the vehicle and reduce the amount of soot produced, a problem that has long been a negative factor for many people choosing diesel vehicles.
From time to time the filter will require cleaning and will enter DPF Regeneration Mode. When this occurs a light will sometimes appear on the dashboard while the cleaning process occurs. During this mode, the excess material caught by the filter will be removed or burnt off. A certain amount of power needs to be used during this process by the engine, if insufficient power is provided, the regeneration process will fail. Typically short distance driving or low speed driving can prevent the regeneration process from completing correctly.
If the filter is unable to correctly clean itself, it will slowly become completely clogged and eventually be unable to function correctly. At this point another light will appear on the dashboard, or in some instances the original DPF light will change colour. On these occasions the vehicle will need to be taken to a Service Centre. Many Service Centres will then be able to run a regeneration process to try to manually clean the filter, this can however fail and we have noticed in many instances, some Service Centres will advise to replace the filter. This can cost in the region of £2,000.
At Prestige Car Servicing we are proud to continue with our mission to offer great service at an affordable price. If you have been advised to replace your DPF filter, give us a call first. We have specialist DPF cleaning centres across the UK. Our DPF filter cleaning service will ensure it is returned to the vehicle in nearly new condition and prevent the need to fit a replacement filter. The process cost a fraction of the price of a replacement DPF Filter. Give us a call on 0844 800 98 24 and let us tell you how much money we can save you.
VEHICLE SERVICE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR [SMR]
Prestige Motor Care Ltd, Prestige Car Servicing Ltd & Prestige Fleet Servicing Ltd [Prestige Motor Care Group or PMCG] – Terms and Conditions
1. PMCG provides service, maintenance and repair [SMR] facilities within the UK on any make of car or light commercial vehicle through our network of independent motor repairers. Each member of this network is also bound by PMCG’s terms and conditions through our Service Level Agreement.
2. When a customer transacts with PMCG he/she is transacting with an ethical and principled company.
3. We aim to meet all the needs of each customer whose vehicle is presented for a service, MOT or repair, and to return the vehicle to the customer in a fully roadworthy condition, compatible with the service and maintenance schedule of the vehicle manufacturer.
4. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN 5-20 BELOW INDICATE THE BASIS ON WHICH PMCG CONTRACTS WITH THE CUSTOMER. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CUSTOMER REGARDING FAULTY OR BADLY DESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY PMCG OR ITS NETWORK REPAIRER IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR SERVICE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR WORK.
5. The placing by a customer of an order by phone, email or website confirms that he/she is at least 18 years old and resides in the UK.
6. A contract will be binding between PMCG and the customer upon the booking of a service, MOT or repair on a vehicle.
7. PMCG will provide details of the cost of work required before undertaking the work. The customer will approve these costs before work is commenced.
8. We aim to complete the work within the day. If we cannot, we will advise the customer immediately and agree actions to resolve. Any courtesy vehicle provided by our repairer will usually require the customer to provide insurance: the provision of such a vehicle will constitute a direct contract between the repairer and the customer.
9. All costs are subject to VAT at the rate ruling at the time costs are incurred.
10. All parts used by our repairer will be of original equipment (OE) standard as required under EU statute. Manufacturer warranty will therefore be unaffected.
11. PMCG work carries a 12 month parts & labour guarantee.
12. Payments not subject to agreed credit terms will be taken over the phone either by debit card or credit card – the car will be released to the customer once cleared funds have been received.
13. The customer has the right to cancel work on his car at any time, provided payment is made for work done up to the time of cancellation.
14. PMCG repairers collect and deliver free of charge within an agreed radius.
15. PMCG is not liable for any unforeseeable financial loss, whether caused by our own or our repairers’ negligence or for any business loss.
16. All PMCG repairers fully comply with Health and Safety legislation.
17. PMCG will indemnify the customer in the event there is a claim for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that work is performed with appropriate skill and care, that any goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
18. PMCG is not responsible for any loss of any item left in the vehicle by the customer.
19. PMCG is not liable for any damage to a vehicle or delay in the services provided if the cause may be defined as “Force Majeure”. Such a cause may include, but may not be limited to an act of God, industrial action or other factors deemed to be out of the control of PMCG.
20. Any complaint concerning work done by a PMCG repairer must be made directly and immediately to PMCG. We are not liable for resolving any complaint made to any third party, including direct to our repairer. PMCG will endeavour to resolve any such complaint within 2 business days of our being made aware of the complaint, by telephone, email, facsimile or letter. We will respond in writing where asked to do so.