Air Conditioning Re-Gas
* For the months of June and July, Prestige Car Servicing are pleased to offer all customers a half priced air conditioning service when booking an A service, B service, Inspection 1 or Inspection 2. Typically £85.99, you can now get an air con service for just £43 excluding VAT. With summer fast approaching now is a great time to beat the rush and get your air con serviced and maintained to ensure you keep cool and comfortable no matter what the weather has in store.
Q. How long does the service take?
A. This is usually 1 hour but can change depending on the make and model of your vehicle.
Q. How much refrigerant does the system need?
A. The refrigerant is usually measured by weight and a small car will usually require 0.5Kgs, a larger car with climate control can need up to 1.5Kgs.
Q. How often should my air conditioning system be serviced?
A. We recommend intervals of 18 to 24 months. If the system begins to run low on refrigerant then it can cause additional strain on the compressor. This can cause the compressor to wear out or draw more power from the engine and increase fuel consumption.
Q. How regularly should I run the air conditioning in my car?
A. We recommend for a few minutes every week and more often if possible. This can be run either hot or cold depending on the outside temperature. This will help prevent the rubber seals from cracking in extreme temperatures or humidity.
Q. My air conditioning produces an unpleasant odour, what is this and how to I prevent it?
A. In some instances, bacteria and other micro-organisms can breed within system and this can cause a bad odour or an allergic reaction. This can usually be fixed with a replacement filter on the air conditioning system.
Q. How effective are air conditioning “top up” kits which are available in many motorist shops?
A. We do not recommend you use these as the air conditioning system can be unsafe to maintain and misuse can cause contamination to the unit which could require major work to repair. We always recommend a trained professional services your air conditioning system.
Q. When buying a used car, how can I check the air conditioning system?
A. Ensure the vehicle is started and the bonnet is up. Run the air con on full blast, it should blow ice cold air usually within a minute.
Q. Why do the refrigerant levels drop?
A. No air conditioning system is completely air tight, it is possible up to 20% of the refrigerant may leak every year.
Q. What areas do you cover?
A. We provide full UK coverage through our Service Centre network.
Here is what is included in an Air Conditioning Service.
To book an air conditioning service with your main service, simply select the air con service option when booking in.
VEHICLE SERVICE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR [SMR]
Prestige Motor Care Ltd, Prestige Car Servicing Ltd & Prestige Fleet Servicing Ltd [Prestige Motor Care Group or PMCG] – Terms and Conditions
1. PMCG provides service, maintenance and repair [SMR] facilities within the UK on any make of car or light commercial vehicle through our network of independent motor repairers. Each member of this network is also bound by PMCG’s terms and conditions through our Service Level Agreement.
2. When a customer transacts with PMCG he/she is transacting with an ethical and principled company.
3. We aim to meet all the needs of each customer whose vehicle is presented for a service, MOT or repair, and to return the vehicle to the customer in a fully roadworthy condition, compatible with the service and maintenance schedule of the vehicle manufacturer.
4. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN 5-20 BELOW INDICATE THE BASIS ON WHICH PMCG CONTRACTS WITH THE CUSTOMER. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CUSTOMER REGARDING FAULTY OR BADLY DESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY PMCG OR ITS NETWORK REPAIRER IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR SERVICE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR WORK.
5. The placing by a customer of an order by phone, email or website confirms that he/she is at least 18 years old and resides in the UK.
6. A contract will be binding between PMCG and the customer upon the booking of a service, MOT or repair on a vehicle.
7. PMCG will provide details of the cost of work required before undertaking the work. The customer will approve these costs before work is commenced.
8. We aim to complete the work within the day. If we cannot, we will advise the customer immediately and agree actions to resolve. Any courtesy vehicle provided by our repairer will usually require the customer to provide insurance: the provision of such a vehicle will constitute a direct contract between the repairer and the customer.
9. All costs are subject to VAT at the rate ruling at the time costs are incurred.
10. All parts used by our repairer will be of original equipment (OE) standard as required under EU statute. Manufacturer warranty will therefore be unaffected.
11. PMCG work carries a 12 month parts & labour guarantee.
12. Payments not subject to agreed credit terms will be taken over the phone either by debit card or credit card – the car will be released to the customer once cleared funds have been received.
13. The customer has the right to cancel work on his car at any time, provided payment is made for work done up to the time of cancellation.
14. PMCG repairers collect and deliver free of charge within an agreed radius.
15. PMCG is not liable for any unforeseeable financial loss, whether caused by our own or our repairers’ negligence or for any business loss.
16. All PMCG repairers fully comply with Health and Safety legislation.
17. PMCG will indemnify the customer in the event there is a claim for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that work is performed with appropriate skill and care, that any goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
18. PMCG is not responsible for any loss of any item left in the vehicle by the customer.
19. PMCG is not liable for any damage to a vehicle or delay in the services provided if the cause may be defined as “Force Majeure”. Such a cause may include, but may not be limited to an act of God, industrial action or other factors deemed to be out of the control of PMCG.
20. Any complaint concerning work done by a PMCG repairer must be made directly and immediately to PMCG. We are not liable for resolving any complaint made to any third party, including direct to our repairer. PMCG will endeavour to resolve any such complaint within 2 business days of our being made aware of the complaint, by telephone, email, facsimile or letter. We will respond in writing where asked to do so.